Nurse Cordinator – Clinical Trials
About the business and the role
Scientia Clinical Research (SCR) is the first publicly funded purpose built early phase clinical trials centre in NSW. In addition to first into human and first into patient studies the facility also supports later phase trials across a broad range of therapeutic areas including oncology. Our facilities are world class, and include a fully integrated electronic clinical trial management system.
A unique opportunity became available for a motivated person to join the team as an oncology clinical research nurse coordinator.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a clinical research nurse coordinator, you will assist in conducting early phase (1/2) clinical research projects. You will have excellent organisational skills and ensure that all the clinical trials are conducted according to trial specific protocols, GCP and SCR procedures ensuring patient and participant safety, and the integrity of trial activities and data. You will work closely with a multi-functional team of doctors, scientists, clinical project manager, data managers as well as with external stakeholders.
Skills and experience
To be successful for this position you will fulfill the following criteria:
- Registered Nurse
- Preferably have clinical experience in oncology or haematology
- Experience in clinical trials
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in a multidisciplinary framework
- Self-motivation, pro-activity and an interest in clinical research
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Commitment to quality and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible in working hours if required
- Experienced in central venous access procedures, standard clinical assessment techniques (e.g. vital signs, ECG, blood collection, venipuncture) and/or laboratory technique (processing of blood and urine, centrifugation, pipetting, etc.) would be an advantage
- Good working knowledge of clinical research, ICH GCP and the basics of drug development is highly desirable
Job benefits and perks
The facility is next to Randwick’s shopping centers and coffee shops with the soon to be finished Light Rail station just across the road.
How to apply
If you would like more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.