Scientia Clinical Research (SCR) is the first publicly funded purpose built early phase clinical trials centre in NSW.
Position available for a person experienced in clinical research to join the multi-disciplinary team as a Clinical Study Co-ordinator.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As a clinical study coordinator, you will assist in conducting early phase (1/2) clinical research trials. You will have excellent organisational skills and ensure that all the clinical trials are conducted according to trial specific protocols, GCP and SCR procedures ensuring patient and participant safety, and the integrity of trial activities and data. You will work closely with a multi-functional SCR team of doctors, clinical project managers, pharmacists, clinical study co-ordinators, data managers, the study Sponsor teams and clinical research associates.
Skills and experience
To be successful for this position you will fulfil the following criteria:
· Tertiary qualification preferable in science, medical science, nursing or equivalent
· Preferably have experience in clinical trials
· Excellent written and communication skills to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in a multidisciplinary framework
· Self-motivation, pro-activity and an interest in clinical research
· Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to multitask
· Commitment to quality and excellent attention to detail
· Ability to be flexible in working hours if required
· Experienced in standard clinical assessment techniques (e.g. vital signs, ECG, blood collection, venepuncture) and/or laboratory technique (processing of blood and urine, centrifugation, pipetting, etc.) would be an advantage
· Good working knowledge of clinical research, ICH GCP and the basics of drug development is highly desirable
· Knowledge of medical terminology and language is desirable
· Competent with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Job benefits and perks
· The facility is next to Randwick’s shopping centre and coffee shops with the Light Rail Station just across the road