Scientia Clinical Research Ltd
"*" indicates required fields
Join the Scientia Clinical Research (SCR) team
- State-of-the-art early phase clinical research facility located in The Bright Alliance Building, Randwick, NSW.
- Multi-functional team of Medical, Clinical, Nursing, Pharmacy, Laboratory, Quality and Data Management professionals. Highly experienced in the early development of new medical treatments.
- A Not For Profit Organisation offering salary packaging benefit entitlements
About Scientia Clinical Research
Scientia Clinical Research (SCR) is the first publicly funded purpose built early phase clinical trials centre in NSW. Located in the Bright Alliance Building with the Nelune Comprehensive Cancer Care Centre and services of the Sydney Children’s Hospital. Co-located in a major research precinct with Prince of Wales Hospital, Royal Hospital for Women, UNSW Sydney and the Lowy Cancer Research Centre. Position available for a motivated person with a hands-on approach to work and fresh ideas to join the team as a Clinical Study Coordinator, or Senior Clinical Study Coordinator if suited.
About the Role
As a clinical study coordinator, you will assist in conducting early phase (1/2) clinical research trials, centred on drug development in healthy volunteer and oncology patient populations. You will have excellent organisational skills and ensure that all the clinical trials are conducted according to trial specific protocols, GCP and SCR procedures. You will contribute to ensuring patient and participant safety, and the integrity of trial activities and data. You will work closely with a multi-functional SCR team of doctors, clinical project managers, pharmacists, clinical study co-ordinators, data managers, the study Sponsor teams and clinical research associates.
To be successful for this position you will fulfil the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification preferable in science, medical science, nursing or equivalent
- Previous experience in clinical trials, preferably as a clinical study coordinator
- Excellent written and communication skills to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in a multidisciplinary framework
- Understanding of how to effectively manage and work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrated initiative and confidence in organisational skills and problem-solving abilities
- Commitment to quality and compliance, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible in working hours if required
- Experienced in standard clinical assessment techniques (e.g. vital signs, ECG, venepuncture) and/or laboratory technique (processing of blood and urine, centrifugation, pipetting, etc.) is desirable
- Good working knowledge of clinical research, ICH GCP and the basics of drug development
- Knowledge of ethics and governance processes, and competence in preparing and submitting trial documents is desirable
- Demonstrated high level ability in the use of computer applications and databases, including experience with electronic case report forms is desirable
- Knowledge of medical terminology and language
- Competent with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
If you would like more information about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com and quote “Clinical Study Coordinator”.
Thank you for your interest.