COVID-19 is a new strain of coronavirus that was first identified in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China, and has now been declared a pandemic spreading globally including Australia.
As a health care facility, we have implemented measures and adhere to NSW Health regulations and guidelines to protect our study participants and our staff members from the virus.
The time between when a person is exposed and when symptoms first appear is typically 5 to 6 days, although may range from 2 to 14 days, or longer. For this reason, people who arrived in Australia from overseas (all countries) or might have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 may berequired to self-isolate for 7-14 days, this is dependent on your vaccination status as well as the country you have travelled from.
Prior to entering our facilities, you will be required todisclose if you have arrived from overseas in the last 14days. You will be required to confirm you have followed the guidelines provided by NSW health and contract tracers. Depending on the situation, Scientia Clinical Research may also choose to evaluate risk to exposure and determine if entry to the premises is granted.
You will be required to disclose your vaccination status upon arrival to Sciential Clinical Research (SCR).
You should not attend the SCR facilities if you are currently or have recently been unwell with symptoms including fever, dry cough, flu-like symptoms or other upper respiratory tract symptoms. You will be required to wear a mask during your time at SCR.
As Scientia Clinical Research is a health facility treating healthy volunteers and patients across therapeutic disciplines including immunocompromised patients, it is essential that anyone at risk of exposure to COVID-19 is excluded from the unit. These measures apply to SCR staff members, study participants and visitors alike to ensure a protected environment at SCR.
As such, you are required to make the declaration below:
- I declare that I have not arrived in Australia from overseas (all countries) within the last 7 days.
- I declare that I have not knowingly had recent exposure to a person with COVID-19 within the last7 days.
- I declare that I am not currently or have not recently been unwell with symptoms including fever, dry cough, flu-like symptoms or other upper respiratory tract symptoms.
- I declare to apply good hygiene, mask wearing and social distancing requirements during my stay at SCR as instructed.
- I declare that I will check in to the premise using the Scientia QR code that is linked to the Service NSW app
- I declare that I will disclose my vaccination status and any updates to it to SCR staff
If you have received this form prior to your visit, please sign it on the day of your appointment and bring the signed original form with you to SCR. If you do not meet any of the above criteria, please call ahead to discuss your situation and to make arrangements.
If you do not meet any of the above criteria, you will not be allowed to access the SCR facilities without consulting with a representative of the SCR Senior Management who will discuss a contingency plan with you.