Scientia Clinical Research (SCR) is the first publicly funded purpose built early phase clinical trials centre in NSW.
Position available for an experienced oncology nurse to join the multi-disciplinary team as an Oncology Clinical Study Co-ordinator.
Job tasks and responsibilities
As an oncology clinical study coordinator, you will assist in conducting early phase (1/2) clinical research trials. You will have excellent organisational skills and ensure that all the clinical trials are conducted according to trial specific protocols, GCP and SCR procedures ensuring patient and participant safety, and the integrity of trial activities and data. You will work closely with a multi-functional SCR team of oncologists, nurses, pharmacists, clinical project managers, clinical study co-ordinators, data managers, the study Sponsor teams and clinical research associates.
Skills and experience
To be successful for this position you will fulfil the following criteria:
· Registered Nurse with recent experience in oncology nursing
· Experienced in oncology clinical procedures, treatments and patient assessment techniques (e.g. administration of chemotherapy and or immunotherapy, care and management of Central Venous Access Devices, and Cannulation)
· Good working knowledge of clinical research, ICH GCP and the basics of drug development is desirable
· Preferably have experience in clinical trials
· Excellent written and oral communication skills to communicate and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders in a multidisciplinary framework
· Self-motivation, pro-activity and an interest in clinical research
· Excellent planning and organisational skills and ability to multitask
· Commitment to quality and excellent attention to detail
· Ability to be flexible in working hours if required
· Competent with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Job benefits and perks
The facility is next to Randwick’s shopping centre and coffee shops with the Light Rail Station just across the road