Join the Scientia Clinical Research team as a Medical Oncology Fellow in 2024
- Work at a state-of-the-art phase I clinical trials facility in Randwick
- Play a key role in the development of new medicines in oncology
- Learn more about the drug development process from bench to bedside
About Scientia Clinical Research
Scientia Clinical Research (SCR) is a dedicated phase 1 clinical trials unit, co-located within the Randwick Health and Innovation Precinct, a collaboration between Prince of Wales Hospital and UNSW.
We focus on first into human and first into patient studies across a broad range of therapeutic areas, with a broad oncology portfolio that continues to expand and includes combination immunotherapy and targeted options.
With this growing portfolio of oncology studies, Scientia is recognised as one of the key sites for phase 1 trial delivery in Australia.
A unique opportunity is available to join the team as a Medical Oncology Fellow, ideally for Oncology advanced trainees or those who have recently completed their FRACP.
About the Role
As a Medical Oncology Fellow, you will provide high quality medical care and services to patients (inpatient and outpatient) on our phase 1 oncology trials.
You will be involved in all aspects of the patient phase 1 trial journey as well as with sponsor discussions about trial safety and potential new trials.
You will work closely with a multi-functional team of doctors, scientists, clinical project managers, data managers as well as with external stakeholders.
You will also participate in the collaborative meetings within NECTA (NSW Early Clinical Trials Alliance).
To be successful for this position you will fulfil the following criteria:
- Undergoing specialty training in Medical Oncology (having completed 2 years core training) or recently completed training.
- Full unconditional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (min 2 years)
- Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team (which includes clinical and non-clinical staff)
- Have an interest in gaining expertise across a range of phase 1 clinical trials